Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bookbinding part 2

Part 2 of the bookbinding project! The tricky part is to attach the stitched pages to the cover. I reinforced the spine with a piece of paper and the cover with two pieces of cardboard. It's quite difficult to get everything lined up. You also have to put glue, just the right amount, on the spine so that the pages sort of stick together.

The book at the top has the right amount of glue, the one below, not enough hence the gaps inbetween the pages.Too much glue however seeps onto the pages.

I was reluctant to reinforce the spine because it covered up all my beautiful stitching.I tried some fabric tape but the glue I have didn't work so I reverted to paper.

When sticking the cover pages its best to put a piece of paper inbetween to stop the glue going everywhere.

The cover page attached to the cover. As you can see its all a bit bubbly, maybe the application or the type of glue. Not sure which but will have to investigate a bit more.

Finally! A completed book!
All a bit wobbly but much better than my first attempt.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Great progress! This is fascinating.